What we do
Adopted by the Assembly of ChildONEurope of 13 November 2012
The 2013 Agenda includes the following activities:
- a. Organization and procedures
·Convening of two Assembly: (1) one Assembly at ChildONEurope Secretariat headquarter in Florence the 24 May 2013; and (2) the other in conjunction with UE Forum on children’s rights
·Organising a Seminar on the issue of ‘Forms of State support to positive parenthood’ to be held in Florence on the 23 May 2013.
· Working on the incorporation of Romania.
- a. Surveys
· Mapping and analysis of the activity of the ChildONEurope Partners
·Putting in to practice the start off of the new survey on the subject: ‘Out of home children’
· New survey on a subject to be identified by the Assembly
- b. Dissemination
Disseminating the surveys and publications of the Network, in particular:
Finalization and disseminating the results of the survey on the child participation
- CRC Committee Concluding Observations:
Final and dissemination of the results of the up-dating of the survey on the Concluding Observations of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child
- National and International Adoption:
Disseminating the results of the survey on the management of the demand in intercountry adoption
- ECEC Services:
Disseminating of the results of the integrated review on ECEC services
- Child Abuse:
Disseminating the guidelines on national monitoring and data collection systems on child abuse
- Child well being indicators
Disseminating the survey on “The on-going debate on the assessment of children’s conditions of life”
- Impact of the economic crisis on children
Disseminating the results of the seminar “The impact of the economic crisis on children: lessons from the past experiences and future policies”
- Juvenile justice and social services
Finalization and dissemination of the proceedings of the seminar “Complementarities and synergies between Juvenile Justice and Social Services Sector”
- Child Participation:
- c. Communication and promotion
· Producing and disseminating an updated brochure and CD-Rom of the presentation of the Network
· Developing a marketing folder highlighting the advantages of the network membership and making this tool available to all members desiring to contribute to the enlargement of ChildONEurope
· Issuing in the ChildONEurope Series the publication with the gatherings of the Seminar ‘Alternative forms of care for children without adequate family support: sharing good practices and positive experiences’ held the 4th of October 2012
· Updating the ChildONEurope website
· Updating of the section dedicated to L’Europe de l’Enfance in the ChildONEurope web site
· Participation in L’Europe de l’Enfance and Bureau meetings and at Conferences and Seminars organised at European level by other national and international governmental and non-governmental organisations dealing with subjects of interest.
· Participating in the European Forum on the Rights of the Child meetings and its organizational meetings of the Steering Group.
- d. Financing
- Working for the inclusion of the Associated Members in full Members of the Network through the sending at the beginning of every financial year of a letter to the Associated Members.
- Drafting of an assessment report on the EU possible channels of financial support to be discussed in occasion of the Assembly of May 2013.